Some teens want to play marimba with their friends, some teens want to play marimba with other teens, and some older teens may feel comfortable with an adult group. Whatever the comfort of your young adult, we probably have something that will be a good fit for them!
Where can participating in classes for teens at Kutandara lead?
• lasting friendships
• increased self-confidence
• improved grades and focus at school
• ownership in being part of something bigger than yourself
• possible membership in our teen performance bands Kunaka or Takapenga
• travel opportunities through our Music & Culture Tour of Zimbabwe
• cultural exchange experiences through our Visiting Artist Program
• and so much more!
If your teen feels comfortable playing with adults, check out these introductory adult + teen classes:
Come play Zimbabwean marimba! Learn music in a safe and supportive setting where you’ll become part of a team whose success depends upon listening and cooperation. You’ll be playing a song or two by the end of the session and, most importantly, you’ll grow and change in ways that will surprise you!
Fall Session 1 | $170
6-week Fall Session begins the week of Sept 11, 2022 | REGISTER HERE
No class BVSD Fall Break Nov 20-26, 2022
Fall Session 2 | $200
7-week Fall Session begins the week of Oct 23, 2022 | REGISTER HERE
No class BVSD Fall Break Nov 20-27, 2022
If your teen isn’t sure about taking classes with adults, let’s do a complimentary evaluation lesson and see if they’d be a good fit in an existing upper-level youth or teen class. Email us to set up a complimentary evaluation lesson today!