Each year donations to Kutandara’s Moon and Stars Foundation 501(c)3 help continue our local and international work. In the last year Kutandara has:
- Provided 8 scholarships for marimba classes and its teen performance program, expanding access to music across the Front Range;
- Provided new marimbas and mallets, musical instruction, and financial support to Child Future Africa in Mt. Darwin and Tsoro Arts in Dzivaresekwa, both in Zimbabwe;
- Produced a monthly concert series live-streamed from Zimbabwe that supports over 25 musicians and tech staff;
- Partnered with and supported organizations teaching traditional music & dance in Zimbabwe: Humwe in Beatrice and Tsoro Arts in Dvizaresekwa, both in Zimbabwe;
- Led a group of 15 Americans, including 6 teen musicians, on a 3-week Zimbabwe Culture & Music Immersion Performance Tour to unite our two cultures; and
- In spite of the ongoing pandemic, brought Zimbabwean teacher, mentor, and coach Blessing Chimanga TWICE to the Front Range as a visitor for cultural exchange.
Please make a donation at whatever level you are able!
Welcome to Kutandara’s biggest night of the year: 2022 Moon & Stars benefit Under One Sky: a celebration of Zimbabwean music!
The night was a tribute to Zimbabwean musical legends, past and present. It was a celebration of how we all come together Under One Sky and are united by the healing power of music.
Karen Jacot took some amazing pictures; view them here! If you download or use them, please credit her @yeahkaren or Karen Jacot Photography,
Nissi’s moved to a bigger, better, more beautiful home near the intersection of South Boulder Road and Hwy 287 in Lafayette. You’ll be wowed by the stage, the space, the food, and the vibe!
We couldn’t do our work in the world without our sponsors! Thanks to these awesome folks for underwriting Under One Sky in 2022! Learn more about sponsorship here.